Tryouts for the Eastern Florida State College Cheerleading team take place annually, or by term as needed. Tryouts are closed, meaning that friends and family members are not permitted to stay and watch. All prospective cheerleaders must be enrolled in at least six credit hours at EFSC and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA (Dual Enrolled students are also eligible to participate). Students must be able to make a full academic-year commitment and attend all assigned games, practices and activities if selected for the team.
What is required to participate?
- Completed Cheerleading Tryout Form
- Completed Club Sports Waiver Form
- Copy of your medical insurance card (front and back)
- EFSC student ID
- Tryout fee of $30, check or cash (checks can be made payable to EFSC Foundation)
- Copy of your most current EFSC schedule
If you are selected for the team, you must also submit a Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form that has been completed and signed by a physician. Physicals performed by chiropractors will not be accepted.
What skills will be assessed?
- Cheer (taught at tryouts)
- Dance/pom routine (taught at tryouts)
- Jumps (toe touch, front hurdler)
- Tumbling (preferred, but not required)
- Other skills as necessary
What should I wear?
- White cheer shoes or athletic shoes
- Black athletic shorts
- EFSC T-shirt (this will be provided)
Learn more about Cheerleading at EFSC.