Tryouts for the Eastern Florida State College Cheerleading team take place annually, or by term as needed. All prospective cheerleaders must be enrolled in at least six credit hours at EFSC and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA. We ask that students be able to make a full academic-year commitment if selected. All tryouts are closed, meaning that friends and parents are not permitted to stay and watch.
What is required to participate?
- Completed Cheerleading Tryout Form
- Completed Club Sports Waiver Form
- Copy of your medical insurance card (front and back)
- EFSC student ID
- Tryout fee of $30, check or cash (checks can be made payable to EFSC Foundation)
- Copy of your most current EFSC schedule
If you are selected for the team, a completed Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form must be printed out and taken with you to a doctor's appointment. There are sections he or she must fill out, and the physician must sign the form. Physicals performed by chiropractors are not accepted.
What is judged?
- A floor cheer that you learn at tryouts
- Our band dance that you learn at tryouts
- Your best standing tumbling skill
- Your best running tumbling skill
What do I wear?
- Cheer shoes
- Black athletic shorts
- EFSC T-shirt (provided)
Learn more about Cheerleading at EFSC.