Cheerleading at EFSC
We're excited to add cheerleading to the club sports mix at Eastern Florida State College. Members of the EFSC Cheerleading Team will promote school spirit at EFSC Titans athletic events plus College and community events. All cheerleaders must be enrolled in at least six credit hours at EFSC and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
In order to tryout for the 2018-19 team, we ask that students can make a full academic-year commitment if selected (August 2018 - May 2019).
Cheerleading Information Meeting:
When: Wednesday, August 15, 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Location: Melbourne Campus Library, Bldg. 2, Room 124
EFSC Cheerleading Tryouts:
When: Friday, August 24, 9 – 5 PM
Location: Melbourne Campus, Bldg. 8, Room 138
Tryouts are closed, meaning that friends and parents will not be permitted to stay and watch.
In order to participate in tryouts, you need to bring the following:
- Completed Cheerleading Tryout Form
- Completed Club Sports Waiver Form
- Completed Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form
- Copy of your medical insurance card (front and back)
- EFSC Student ID
- Tryout fee of $30, check or cash (checks can be made payable to EFSC Foundation)
- Copy of your EFSC Fall Schedule
Remember to print out and take the Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form with you to your doctor's appointment as there are sections he or she must fill out, plus the physician must sign the form. Physicals performed by Chiropractors will not be accepted.
During tryouts, the following will be judged:
- A floor cheer that you will learn at tryouts
- Our band dance that you will learn at tryouts
- Your best standing tumbling skill
- Your best running tumbling skill
What to wear for tryouts:
- Cheer shoes
- Black athletic shorts
- EFSC T-shirt will be provided
EFSC Cheerleading Contacts
2018-19 Cheerleading Tryout Form